Let an Experienced Denver Bankruptcy Lawyer Help You Decide if You Should File for Bankruptcy
- If you are paying off one credit card with another…
- If you pay the minimum on your credit cards but then don’t have enough money to live on so you’re back to using your credit by the end of the month…
- If you are considering dipping into your IRA to pay your mortgage or any other debt …
- If you have missed car payments and are worried about repossession…
- If your wages are being garnished or you are being pursued by creditors…
You need solutions. Talk to an experienced Denver bankruptcy attorney at Greenwald & Hammond. We are real lawyers for real people — providing you with honest answers and knowledgeable advice in a free initial consultation. We can help you answer the question, “Should I file for bankruptcy?”
Contact our Denver bankruptcy office today. We will review your financial situation and advise you whether Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy is an option for you. We never try to convince people to file for bankruptcy if it is not the best way to deal with their debt.
Should I File Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 Bankruptcy?
If you are out of work due to a layoff or a medical condition, or you just don’t earn enough money to cover all your expenses and you face growing medical bills and credit card debt, Chapter 7 bankruptcy may offer you the debt relief you need.
On the other hand, if you are currently working and you have sufficient income to pay some of your monthly debts, you may be eligible to file under Chapter 13.
Ultimately, the best option for you will be determined based on the specifics of your financial circumstances:
- How much total debt do you owe?
- Have you filed for bankruptcy before?
- Are you behind on your mortgage payments? Are you trying to stop a foreclosure?
- Are you considering a divorce
- What assets do you have that need protection?
Our goal in your free initial consultation is to get a good idea of your situation. You do not need to bring every bill, bank statement or notice from creditors. We will help you determine if you should file for bankruptcy or pursue another option, like debt negotiation or a workout plan.
Contact Us Today
To get the straightforward answers you need in order to make an informed decision about whether you should file for bankruptcy, contact the Denver law office of Greenwald & Hammond. We serve clients in Aurora and throughout the Denver Metro Area.