Many rumors float around regarding bankruptcy and what it means to file for bankruptcy protection. At the law office of Greenwald & Hammond, P.C., we aim to put those rumors to rest.
During our nearly 15 years of combined experience, our Denver bankruptcy lawyers have seen countless individuals and their families realize the benefits bankruptcy provides. We would love the opportunity to pass along those same benefits to you.
Frequently Asked Questions About Bankruptcy
If you are contemplating filing for bankruptcy, you undoubtedly have many questions you need answered. We have provided some answers to the most common questions we hear, and we look forward to discussing your specific situation further.
- Are you eligible to file for bankruptcy in Colorado?: Your eligibility depends upon your current financial situation. Most people who come to our office seeking help are usually eligible for either Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy.
- Should you file for bankruptcy?: If you have bills you cannot pay or have received foreclosure notices from your lender, filing for bankruptcy might be the correct path to take. We will analyze your specific situation and discuss your options at your free initial consultation.
- Is my retirement account protected?: Your qualified retirement accounts (401K, IRA, Roth IRA) cannot be touched by your creditors under federal law.
- Should I file bankruptcy before or after divorce?: It depends. Depending on your marital assets, filing before or after divorce could be the correct solution. We have significant experience working with people going through marital complications and always respect their priorities.
- What possessions can I keep?: This depends upon the value and type of assets you own. Many of our clients are able to keep all of their property, including their home and other valuables.
- What can I do about medical debt?: Medical debt is unsecured debt and can often be discharged through Chapter 7 bankruptcy, or at the end of a Chapter 13 plan. We work hard so unexpected medical costs do not burden you for the rest of your life.
- What if I own a business?: Your personal assets will be protected even if you own a business. We understand that your business is your source of income and livelihood. As a result, we focus our efforts on setting you up for success after the bankruptcy process is complete.
Contact a Lawyer for Help With the Bankruptcy Process in Denver, Colorado
For more information about bankruptcy, contact the law office of Greenwald & Hammond, P.C. — real lawyers for real people. We serve clients throughout the Denver metro area and beyond, in Aurora, Brighton, Broomfield, Arvada, Golden, Littleton, and Parker. Schedule a free initial consultation with a bankruptcy attorney today.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy protection under the Bankruptcy Code.